Did you know that around 40% of everything we do on a daily basis is habitual?
This means that a big part of our lives is almost entirely on autopilot!
Think this through for a second and evaluate those habits of yours.
Do they empower you or disempower you?
Do they limit you or free you?
Do they help you or hinder you from reaching your goals?
And just in case you're not sold on the importance of habits just yet, here are 31 quotes to inspire good habits.
01. A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time. -Mark Twain
02. And once you understand that habits can change, you have the freedom and the responsibility to remake them. -Charles Duhigg
03. Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most. -Abraham Lincoln
04. Drop by drop is the water pot filled. -Buddha
05. Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have. -Dale Carnegie
06. First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. -Octavia Butler
07. Good habits are worth being fanatical about. -John Irving
08. Good habits formed at youth make all the difference. - Aristotle
09. Habit is the intersection of knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do), and desire (want to do). -Stephen R. Covey
10. Habits change into character. -Ovid
11. Happiness is a habit—cultivate it. -Elbert Hubbard
12. I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. -Bruce Lee
13. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude. -Colin Powell
14. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions.It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins
15. Let today be the day you give up who you've been for who you can become. -Hal Elrod
16. Life is habit. Or rather life is a succession of habits. -Samuel Beckett
17. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Rohn
18. Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good. -Malcolm Gladwell
19. Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. -Robert Collier
20. Successful people are simply those with successful habits. -Brian Tracy
21. The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken. -Samuel Johnson
22. The trick to success is to choose the right habit and bring just enough discipline to establish it. -Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
23. The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein
24. There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs. -Zig Ziglar
25. Tis easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. - Benjamin Franklin
26. We are our own potters; for our habits make us, and we make our habits. -Frederick Langbridge
27. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Will Durant based on Aristotle’s teachings
28. Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all-time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. -Vince Lombardi
29. Wouldn't it be great to be gifted? In fact... It turns out that choices lead to habits. Habits become talents. Talents are labeled gifts. You're not born this way, you get this way. -Seth Godin
30. Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. -Benjamin Franklin
31. You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. -John C. Maxwell
Share in the comments below: Which is your favorite quote? What habit are you looking to develop right now and why is it important to you?